Workshops – Education – Fun
We believe everyone deserves to be safe, happy and healthy.
This is not an easy thing in the 21 century. But then, was it ever as easy as we think it should be? Living Springs Counseling offers fun educational opportunities for individuals, couples, families, young, old, tall, short, everyone. This page tells you about some of those offerings.
A Balancing Act
Life as a Keys resident is amazing, wonderful, stressful, EXPENSIVE, did someone mention stressful? Housing alone is much higher than 1/3 of 95% of our incomes. Even professionals need to have more than one paying job to be able to pay the bills. And I have the nerve to ask how balancing it all is going!
Something you can do to help, it’ll take about 30 minutes…
- list the things that are important to you on a piece of paper.
- Now get another paper divided into 4 equal rectangles.
- Top left label as Urgent
- Top right label as Not Urgent
- Left side top label as Important
- Left side bottom label as Not Important
- Go to your list and begin placing each thing listed in their appropriate blocks. (Urgent and Important/Urgent and Not Important or Not-Urgent and Important/Not-Urgent and Not-Important)
- Everything in your Not Urgent and Not Important block get rid of. Don’t even think about it, just toss it. It’s just cluttering up your life.
- Everything in your Urgent and Important needs to be prioritized and put on your schedule right away.
- Everything in your Not Urgent and Important block needs to be treasured and maintained appropriately.
- Everything in your Urgent and Not-Important block needs to be scheduled and taken care of quickly. These are the things that we usually procrastinate on but they usually don’t take much time. They’re just annoying. Get them done quickly so you don’t have to think about them again. However, don’t put off the things you prioritized in step 9 for these things. These Urgent but Not-Important things can be done in between breaks of those in step 9.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hopefully this will help you begin to balance your life.
Art and Meditation/ Bible Study
This is a small group that will meet together for 1.5 hour each week. We will be working through a book with weekly meditation opportunities. When we come together each week we’ll discuss our journey over
simple crafts and/or discussion designed to help us express what we’re experiencing and learning.
We are currently be using Allan Boesak’s “Comfort and Protest”. This book is a study of the book of Revelation and is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. This will be an 8 week program, $10 per week.
Or you may contact us either through
Facebook: Living Springs Counseling
or email: PamF@DOLPHINSLivingSprings.org
Location: 92300 Overseas Hwy; Suite 201; Tavernier (Bank of America, Tavernier – go in the far right door that says: Business Center and go up the elevator to second floor.)
When: 5:30 – 6:30 PM Wednesdays
(the doors will be locked so call me when you get there)
8 week Art and Meditation Group
Fee: JUST $10 for each session you are able to come
Additional Workshops we can do ….
- ACT Raising Safe Kids
- Active Listening
- Spirituality and Addictions
- Spiritual Care-giving for families and persons living with addiction
- We have an exciting Forgiveness program for teens that we would love to offer in a school or church setting. This would be a multi session program.
- Equipping Community leadership to Effectively Address Domestic Violence from their roles
- This is a powerful 8 hour workshop for clergy, employers, etc. Can be adapted for any role.
- You name it – if you have something you would like to have a program/workshop on, call us, email us and let us know. If we don’t have expertise in that area, we will find someone who does.